Effective Date: January 1, 2020
2. What information do we collect?
When registering on our website, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address and/or phone number.
We may also collect PI (e.g., name, title, contact details, etc.) when we interact with you in relation to the negotiation or fulfillment of our contracts with you if you are an ADS customer or one of our suppliers.
If you are a job applicant, we may collect PI about your educational and work experience and other information necessary to process your job application. If you are a California resident, please see: www.ads-pipe.com/CCPA.
3. What do we use website visitors’ information, business contact data, and job applicant information for?
We collect and process the PI of our website visitors for the following purposes:
Website Visitor Information:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual requests);
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer requests and support needs);
- To process transactions;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website feature; and
- To send periodic emails (the email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions).
Business Contact Data:
- To communicate with you during contract negotiations or post-contract support; and
- To advise you of additional or new products and services that may be of interest to your company.
- To evaluate your credentials when applying for a position with ADS.
4. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information when you place an order through PipeOrder.com, or enter, submit, or access your Personal Information. These precautions may include password protections for online information systems, such as PipeOrder.com, and restricted access to PI.
ADS takes reasonable and appropriate measures to secure your PI.
Our publicly available website is hosted on a secure server.
When you visit our website, utilize our services, open an email that we send you, or interact with the communication features on our website, we may collect information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons. Some of the technologies we use to collect information automatically collected include:
- Web server logs: In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details regarding your device, operating system, or information about your usage of our website.
- Web beacons and pixels: We may place tags on our website or in emails called “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. Web beacons and pixels can be used to track the pages you view, links that you click, or other online behavior. These tools have a number of uses, such as measuring the effectiveness of our email campaigns and online advertisements (both on our website and on third-party websites).
- Other: In addition to cookies, web server logs, and web beacons, we may use other technologies to collect information for the purposes described in this Policy.
These technologies may permit the collection of information such as demographic data, browser type, MAC address and other device information, operating system type and settings, domain, the address of the web page that linked you to our website, IP address, pages visited, whether you have visited us before or are new to the website, activities conducted on the page (such as search queries), and the day and time of your visit.
We also collect information about you and your interactions with social media and other third-party websites, which we may merge or enhance with other information we collect about you for the purposes described above in this Policy.
At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from website browsers. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. If you do so, some of the functionality of our website may be impaired. Additionally, you may still be identifiable and your usage may still be trackable by other means. Please refer to your browser “Help” instructions to learn more about how to manage cookies and the use of similar technologies.
6. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer PI to outside parties.
This excludes external service providers we have retained to perform certain services and functions on ADS’s behalf, and these providers have agreed to use the transferred PI solely as necessary to perform the services and functions in accordance with ADS’ instructions and subject to appropriate nondisclosure limitations.
Other instances when we may disclose any PI to outside parties include:
- When we reasonably believe that such disclosure is required by law or pursuant to legal process, or is necessary in connection with actual or threatened litigation
- When we agree to sell, transfer or merge all or a portion of our business or assets, in which case ADS will endeavor to ensure that the transferee agrees to use the PI in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice
7. How Long Do We Retain Your Information?
We will keep the PI that you provide us with for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve the purpose for which you provided it, or to the extent necessary for ADS to protect its rights, or as required by applicable laws.
8. Collection of PI from Children
This website is intended for individuals 18 years of age and older. It is not directed at, marketed to, nor intended for children under 18 years of age. ADS does not knowingly collect any information, including PI, from children under 18 years of age. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected PI from a child under the age of 18, please contact us at the email address below, and we will take immediate steps to delete it.
ADS conducts an annual self-assessment in order to verify that this Policy is accurate, published, and implemented within ADS. If we decide to change our Policy, we will post those changes on this page, and update the Policy modification date above.
10. Inquiries/Contact Us
ADS commits to resolve any questions or concerns that you may have about our collection or use of your PI. Should you have any questions or issues regarding this Policy, please contact us at: PRIVACY@ads-pipe.com.